Posts by Country

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lost in London

08/28/2010
Today I made my first breakfast in the flat kitchen then went out to get a Vodafone wireless device. Turns out the device was useless, so I returned it and went to a Chinese buffet. Then I ran into Annie and Tiana and we went out to get drinks but got lost for three hours in the Soho area looking for Michelle.
08/29/2010
Today I went to Camden Market with some of the girls before stopping over at my friend Ross’ house in Wandsworth.
After checking out his terrace and having a drink with his roommate James we went to the Cat’s Back Pub for Bangers and Mash.

08/30/2010
Today we went to the Notting Hill Carnival where I had a dumpling with rice and beans and watched human floats walk around with massive contraptions attached to them. Next we went to Harrods and saw some of the most ridiculously overpriced junk I’ve ever seen including a £3000 teddy bear... Later I headed for Wagamama (recommended by Rick Steves) but stopped on the way for the Fruily strawberry beer that James recommended. I ended up hanging out with some guys from Chicago and New York talking about the Yankees.
08/31/2010
Today we went to Trafalgar Square and voted for the fourth plinth. The choices were a mountain with a footprint shaped like Great Britain, a guy on a horse covered in jewelry, a blue cock and an ATM that rings bells every time someone makes a withdrawal - alarming the pickpockets of viable victims... 

We also went to the St. Martin-In-The-Fields Church and later some of us went to Wagamama and Tower bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment