Posts by Country

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Boonies



On Monday, September 10th, I took Chu Sum way out to the boonies! Well, to my dad's house but... same thing. Though, first, we stopped off at my old stomping grounds in Vaughn (a place I haven't been for years) to see the farm and a local swimming hole called Jackson lake - a place where I probably made a majority of my childhood memories.



Next we headed over to my dad's for dinner and politics - my dad loves his country and wasn't about to let Chu Sum go without a thorough rundown on US history/politics. Finally, we packed up the paddle boat in preparation for a night at the secret camping spot.



The next day we took a drive over to my property to have a little fun. Chu Sum thought we were there for him to earn his keep but it was really, mainly, a good opportunity for him to experience his first bonfire (originally bigger than in the picture...)



The next day I did some teaching work online before taking Chu Sum out to Twanoh State Park for a short hike in the woods.



That night we brought out Monopoly Deal (Hong Kong version) - a game that I bought at the wet market in Hong Kong. I usually do pretty well but I guess Chu Sum saw me coming. The next day we stopped at the Purdy Spit to skip some rocks on our way back to a place Chu Sum undoubtedly thinks of as an extension of the boonies (that is when you compare Puyallup to the metropolis that is Hong Kong).

2 comments:

  1. really really miss this one of the best memories in my life. Travis is my lifelong buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Looking forward to the next one :)

      Delete